We have added a new premium online resource to help with homework this school year. All you need is your library card to access it anywhere with an internet connection 24/7.
World Book Online is divided into six modules:
Homework and research project help for elementary and middle school students.
- More than 40,000 encyclopedia and reference articles
- World Book Biography Center, with more than 10,000 biographies
- Science projects and experiments
- Comprehensive multimedia collections including World Book Explores and geography resource guides
- Thousands of links selected by World Book editors and expert contributors
Atlas, dictionary, life skills and more.
- Research tools including Citation Builder, How to Do Research guides, and personalized My Research account
- Extensive dictionary
- Interactive Earth, including the World Book Atlas, Interactive Maps, Outline Maps and Flags, and more
- Educator tools
General reference especially for younger children.
- Thousands of easy-to-read articles
- Interactive games and activities
- Printable teaching worksheets, lesson plans, and learning activities
Build and share timelines. Use your own events and images or add content and images from World Book.
The Early World of Learning
Resource for preschoolers and children in the early elementary grades.
World Book Spanish/Enciclopedia Estudiantil Hallazgos
Beginner’s Spanish language reference tool. The site offers World Book’s excellent editorial content, rich media, and engaging features in Spanish.
Text-to-speech capabilities, learning and life skills activities, research tools, multimedia, and interactive video also make World Book Web a great resource for students with language or learning difficulties.