Help FeedMore’s Central Virginia Food Bank feed children and seniors living in poverty and many others in need in our community. Bring your food donation to any Henrico County Public Library during the month of July.
The most five most needed items are:
- Canned Fish & Meats
- Canned & Dried Beans
- Canned Fruits & Vegetables
- Hot & Cold Cereals
- Pasta & Rice
Your donations make a difference! During the past year the Central Virginia Food Bank provided:
- 17,800,000 meal equivalents through the Food Distribution Center
- 1,019,977 meals and snacks to children through the Kids Café, Summer Feeding Service and BackPack Programs
- 334,489 meals to the homebound and elderly through Meals on Wheels deliveries
- 6,888 food referrals, including phone, walk-in and SNAP applications completed
- Food and meals were provided to children (38%), adults (42%) and seniors (20%)
Last year the Central Virginia community donated 1,194,320 pounds of food and the equivalent of 4,207,325 meals through community food & fund drives last year.