Are you an eBook reader? If you read your eBooks on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch there is an important update coming for the OverDrive app you should know about.
We just got an email from OverDrive informing us about an issue you will run into when you update their app. You will need to reauthorize the app with your Adobe ID. According to the email:
Due to a change in Apple’s privacy policies, we’ve had to make changes to the way we handle licensing of EPUB eBooks and MP3 audiobooks. As a result, the OMC for iOS v2.6.5 update will de-authorize every users’ Adobe ID and prompt them to authorize again. Audiobook users will be unaffected unless attempting to download parts from a book that was only partially downloaded prior to the v2.6.5 update.
Resetting an Adobe ID password
If you set up your app a while ago you may have forgotten your password. To check your password visit this site and try to log in with your email address and password. If you were able to log in great! If not you can reset your password.
- Select the Trouble signing in? link below the Sign in button.
- Enter the email address for your Adobe ID on the next screen and select the Reset password button.
- Adobe will send you an email with instructions on how to reset your password.
How to find the email address for your Adobe ID
Can’t remember what email address you used for your Adobe ID? The steps below will help you find it.
- Open the app.
- Select Get Books in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the Settings icon at the bottom of the screen.
- The email address associated with your Adobe ID will be at the top of the screen.
We’ve made a short video showing the steps listed above.
What to expect after the update is installed
After you install the update, the first time you open the app you should see the screen below:
Selecting Sign In will show the Adobe Authorization screen.
The Adobe ID you were using before the update should show up in the top box. Enter your password in the Password box and select Authorize. You should be all set up!
If you need extra assistance feel free to visit any of our libraries.