The Tuckahoe Area Library manager is Ms. Karen Johnson
3 words to describe Tuckahoe Library are:
Why is Tuckahoe Library great?
- One of the nicest features of the building is the back wall of windows on both the entry and lower levels. Patrons enjoy looking out at the backyard garden and fountain, or taking a walk along the winding path. Our patrons have such diverse interests – and at Tuckahoe, we have something for everyone!
How long have you worked in libraries and in Henrico County?
- This is my second career and I have been a librarian since 2005. I joined the HCPL family in January 2008.
A fun factoid about me is:
- I would like to play golf in all 50 states.
One of my favorite books is:
So many books, so little time!
- If I had to choose one – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
One of my favorite web sites is:
- NPR.org or anything with news.
My preferred device is:
- A BOOK although I recently received a Kindle as a gift.
If you had to choose… fiction of nonfiction?
Some Tuckahoe staff picks are:
- Sara – If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things
- Sharon – The Paris Wife
- Steve – The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making
- Dena – Second Nature
- Kathleen – Hachiko Waits
- Mary M. – Texas Gothic
- Carolyn H. – Monster Calls
My selected Tuckahoe customer comment from our recent survey:
- My 12 year old son has Asperger’s Syndrome and is a reluctant reader. One of the characteristics of Asperger’s is a fixation on a particular subject. For my son, that subject is video games. I emailed the Children’s librarian, Sue Van Tassel, and explained to her that my son needed to do a book report but that we were having a hard time finding a book he was interested in reading. She wrote back with several suggestions of age appropriate books that involve boys saving the world or having other awesome adventures, all through video games. We were able to find the perfect book based on her excellent suggestions.
- Stop by Tuckahoe and we’ll help you find the perfect book too!