The Gayton Branch Library Manager is Mr. Thomas Bruno
(Like our Patrons and Staff)
Why is Gayton Library great?
- Gayton has just undergone a complete interior renovation thanks to a Bond Referendum supported by the citizen’s of Henrico County. The Library occupies the same footprint that the original building had, but the use of natural light and the volume created by high ceilings makes the space feel incredibly grand! Everything inside the building was created to maintain the welcoming feel of our neighborhood branch with the technology and materials that support the tremendous amount of patronage visits. Children will feel welcome by the gorgeous furnishings and colorful décor as well as the fantastic stoyrtimes. We also have a room dedicated to Young Adults, a Quiet Study Room which looks out onto a lovely flower garden and an area dedicated to reading and viewing current headline news on a large screen monitor for our adult customers. But, in addition to all of the amenities that a new building offers, Gayton Library is great because of the loyal, long-serving family of employees who loves to serve the Gayton “neighborhood!”
How long have you worked in libraries and in Henrico County?
- Going on my 36th year
A fun factoid about me is:
- My first job was a delivering the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette! All through my school years I held many part-time jobs including painting, making Italian food, cutting metal in a scrap yard with a “burning torch” for recycling, and several summers working in a steel mill.
One of my favorite books is:
- One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
One of my favorite web sites is:
- Google News
My preferred device is:
- Either a fat black Sharpie or my iPhone I probably get equal enjoyment from both, well OK, it is definitely the Sharpie
If you had to choose… fiction or nonfiction?
- Nonfiction leaning heavily towards biographies
Some Gayton staff picks:
- Tom liked “I Am Murdered,” and “Unbroken.”
- Susan recommends “Will Grayson, Will Grayson, “and “The lost Painting,”
- Tommy says that “Cleopatra, A Life” and the classic “Catch-22” are two of his favorites.
- It has been so exciting to work on a complete renovation of Gayton Branch Library. Our family welcomes the many, many faithful friends and neighbors that have waited so long for us to re-open. Thanks for all of the encouragement and support!