Well, that changed today! We can now answer that question with “Absolutely!” After months of waiting, Amazon and OverDrive announced that most eBooks available via OverDrive will work with the Kindle and Kindle apps.
This is great news for us and everyone who owns a Kindle. We hope all of our Kindle-owning public will enjoy our OverDrive collection.
How does it work? Here is an explanation from Amazon.
- Visit our OverDrive collection.
- Check out a Kindle book (library card required).
- Click on “Get for Kindle.” You will then be directed to Amazon.com to redeem your public library loan. You may be required to login to your Amazon.com account — or create a new account — if you’re not already logged in.
- Choose to read the book on your Kindle device, free reading app, or Kindle Cloud Reader.
- If you are using a Kindle app on a mobile device you may have to check for your book in the ‘Archived Items’ option.
- If you are using a Kindle your book will automatically sync with your Kindle when it is connected to wi-fi.