We have got A LOT going on in April! I was looking at the calendar and just realized just how much is happening. There are events for everyone! So much that I’m worried that I’ll miss something. Before I highlight a few events take a look at the complete calendar of events. That’s a lot to chose from. If you are interested in our ongoing storytimes, book discussions, computer classes and crafts follow the links.
In order to highlight the most possible events I’ll go week by week.
- The big event is All Henrico Reads on Tuesday, the 5th. This is open to everyone and we just know you will enjoy an evening with David Baldacci. We hope to see you there!
- The Tuckahoe Library has scheduled a Money Management Seminar for Teens on Wednesday, the 6th. It’s never too early to learn how to manage your money so encourage a teen you know to attend.
- On Saturday, the 9th the Dumbarton Library is celebrating Jazz Appreciation Month with a concert by Johnny Lee Long. How fun is that?
- The Twin Hickory Library is also having a Book Sale on the 9th. There are always lots of treasures in our library’s book sales.
April 11-16 – National Library Week!
- Monday, the 11th is a very busy day and I’m afraid you’ll have to chose between a few different options that all start at 7pm. Will it be the History of Eastern Henrico County? The Life and Legend of Pocahontas? Or a Murder Mystery? Decisions. Decisions.
- The Henrico Extension Office will be conducting three SMARTLawn seminars at the Sandston, Tuckahoe, and Twin Hickory libraries. I know I could use some tips on how to take care of my lawn.
- There will be two Peter Rabbit Puppet Shows at the Varina Library this week. They always have great puppet shows at Varina!
- Bentley Boyd, author and illustrator for Chester Comix, will be at the Sandston Library on Thursday the 14th. He will be using Chester the Crab and other comics to help spark an interest and fun in history.
- The Bookmobile will be at Three Lakes Park for Henrico Recreation and Parks’ Earth Day Celebration.
April 18-23 – Spring Break for Henrico County Public Schools
- We’ve lined up some extra events for teens in celebration of spring break.
- The Varina Library is hosting a movie night for teens on Tuesday the 19th. What’s the movie? Call to find out.
- Do you or someone you know love American Girl dolls? Yes! Sign up for Twin Hickory’s American Girl party on Wednesday the 20th.
- Thursday the 21st is another day where you will have to chose between some great events. Will you learn about Tommy Edwards? How about Gone With the Wind? Tips for spring cleaning? Choices. Choices.
- We’ve got two excellent events scheduled for Saturday the 23rd. The Earth Day Family Fair at Tuckahoe will be fun for the whole family. The Dumbarton Library is hosting a one-man play about Gabriel’s Rebellion.
- On Wednesday, the 27th, the Dumbarton Library is hosting a Poetry Cafe for teens. If you know a teen who’s interested in poetry (and snacks) this is the event for him/her.
- The Tuckahoe Library is celebrating spring by creating colorful flower pots, and planting flowers near the children’s area on Saturday the 30th.
I hope to see you at some of these events. My fingers are tired from all this typing!