Our hours will be a bit different over the next two weeks.
All of our Libraries will close at Noon on Thursday, the 23rd, and remain closed on Friday, the 24th and Saturday 25th for the Christmas Holiday. Be sure to plan ahead and get some good books!
We will be back to normal hours on Monday, the 27th. But only for a few days…
All libraries will be closed on New Year’s Eve, December 31st (Friday) and will remain closed on New Year’s Day (Saturday), January 1st. All libraries will resume regular hours on Monday, January 3rd.
Although we will be closed a few days over the next few weeks we’ve still got some great activities planned.
Saturday the 18th:
- International Film Series at the North Park Library – The third selection in the international film series is set in modern Japan; traditional businessman yearns to meet elusive dance he passes on the train, his courage to learn to dance opens the door to a new life. (Mirimax, R Rated, 118 min. Japanese with English Subtitles). The film starts at 2:00.
Monday the 20th:
- Holiday Fun at the Sandston Library – Enjoy family time for children and adults with stories, crafts, refreshments and a visitor from the North Pole! Fun starts at 6:30.
- Manga Swap at the Gayton Library – Starting at 6:30, exchange your gently used manga and watch a movie while you get ready for the holidays.
- Family Game Night at the Twin Hickory Library – Join us for a variety of games at this family time event.
Tuesday the 21st:
- Book Discussion at the Armour House – Mike Hatchett, the Fairfield Library Manager, will read Truman Capote’s classic short story, A Christmas Memory, from 10:00-11:30 a.m. Originally published in the December 1956 edition of Mademoiselle Magazine, critics have long hailed it as Capote’s finest short work. This discussion will be held at the Armour House and Gardens, 4001 Clarendon Road.
- Pizza and Pages at the Fairfield Library – Enjoy free pizza and discuss the Young Adult novel Blue Tights by Rita Williams-Garcia at 7:00.
Tuesday the 28th:
- Snowman Party at the Dumbarton Library – Help us decorate a big Frosty for the library display case and create a snowman to take home. Decorating begins at 2:00.
Wednesday the 29th:
- Holiday Thank You Cards at the Tuckahoe Library – Create your own card to say “Thank You” for your holiday gifts, at this family time event. Two sessions! 3:00 and 6:30
Thursday the 30th:
- Best & Worst of 2010 at the Dumbarton Library – The North Side Teen Advisory Board takes a look back on the best and worst of the year 2010 with a trivia contest, top 10 lists, games and more! The recap starts at 6:30.
Hope you have a great holiday season and can make it to one of these events. They should be fun!